Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Compton/Markle Award


Today was a great day in the Frandsen family, where we got to celebrate Paul's big award. He was named the 2013 recipient of the C.C. Compton & G.M. Markle Entomological Award as an Outstanding Graduate Student for Teaching, Research, and Extension in Entomology.


He was presented the award as part of the 50 year celebration of the IR-4 project, which funds the award. We were able to meet with a lot of neat people and I loved seeing so many people congratulate Paul on his accomplishment and encourage his career path.

I'm grateful that both lacrosse and Talksoft were so accommodating in letting me be there for both the presentation and the reception afterward. I am so proud of Paul and the good work he is doing in his Ph.D. program. This guy is going places and I'm glad I get to with him.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Paul!! That is awesome :)

Meggara said...

good job paul and pretty blouse christine!