Even though our plan was supposedly full, we were the lucky ones that had an empty seat on our row. I switched back and forth between the window view, and hand holding w/ Paul.
Always a thrill to see those mountains again.
We got to Utah Friday evening and picked up our rental car. We had reserved the cheapest compact (obviously). When we went to the counter for pick up, our Budget Car rental best friend said "Is a Camaro alright?", we laughed (thinking he was joking with us). Then insisted he was serious and that if we could use it, that would help him out. Paul was thrilled.
We headed to my parents new house which was full of family to greet us, including baby Ezra (who I matched with, luckily enough).
The next day was my dad's 50th birthday. I was so glad we could be there to celebrate. We had a little "mountain" theme for the day (as he was going "over the mountain"). So after working a little bit in the morning (with some help from Audrey), we headed to the temple (mountain of the Lord) as a family. With two little babies, we did some shift changes, and it worked out great.
One month shy of our 5 year anniversary. Too bad we couldn't stand on the lawn to match our wedding picture!
Audrey got a chance to drive the Camaro.
Cousins! (Three months apart) :)
That evening we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon and had a dinner and a campfire at Ledgemere. I loved being with my family and enjoying fresh cool mountain air.
The whole family all together!
I did not know it was girl stripes night so I ruined everything. At least Audrey didn't know either.
Thanks random lady for saving us from the crooked self-timer set up!
Baby Ezra is so happy smiley and sweet.
Little Audrey is full of personality, loves to stick her tounge out, and tilts her head to smile at you.
(The additions to the Carruth family got their own picture)
Seeing my mom and dad become grandparents was so neat. They can't get enough of those babies.
My parents friends, Kevin and Shelly came up to join in the fun. It was basically the only "surprise" of the night, but I think my dad really liked it.
I'm so grateful for my dad and those 50 great years of life he's lived so far. We've always been especially close, with similar interests and personalities. Paul and I felt really lucky to get to celebrate with him.

1 comment:
what the freak why did no one comment on this.
waaaait i swear i commented! did it get deleted?! whatever. i love the carruth's in the mountains and wish i had been there. k bye.
Post a Comment