Here are a few:
Brand names.
A lot of food have different brand names, but are exactly the same. Example:
Not only are there different gas stations, but you don't pump your own gas, someone pumps it for you - unique to Oregon and New Jersey:

The people are SO different. Everyone has the New Jersey accent, people think I'm crazy for being married at 22, and I've been asked by several people if Mormons can have more than one spouse (NO, NO, NO!!!)
They are a no-nonsense, fast-paced people. (Except when they are enjoying their food- then they don't like to be interrupted by servers like me).
It's quite the adjustment, but I really do like it here.
Coming up soon is a tour of our new city - as soon as Paul and I have some time to take some pics!
What are the biggest differences you have noticed living in a new place? The people, the places, the culture? What's the best way to meet people and become involved in your new community?



2 comments:
I didn't know New Jersey was like Oregon with the gas pumping! that's awesome!
This post makes me laugh - NJ is really a unique place. Embrace it! and do keep note of all the crazy differences, hopefully you can laugh at them. I miss having someone else pump my gas! Enjoy it for me!
Post a Comment