
My team made it to State! For the first time, ever!
Hooray for them! So great!
The first round was today, and although we fought hard, we lost.
It was a really great season.
When we moved here, I sure enjoyed the hot weather and beach (shore? because that's what they say around these parts) for the first month or two, but soon the sunshine left me to the rudeness that is winter. With cold weather came another terror. The day after my birthday, some kind of horrible disease entered my life slash body and kicked my butt real good. What started as a wretched cough, ended up as some kind of walking pneumonia and pleurisy that hurt real bad and made life overall more difficult than it should be, for way longer than is humanly possible to deal with, or so I thought. I don't think I ever blogged about it because no one likes a whiner face, but now is the appropriate time to tell you that life was kind of hard! Sick, far from home, and cold. How rude!
Come February I finally recovered (that's right folks, about four months of sick sick sick), and I randomly looked at lacrosse coaching positions, I found one that was relatively close by. I applied, interviewed, and was hired on the spot.
And guess what! The past three months of my life has been so different. Not only do I not have constant pain and coughing (hallelujah for that, and knock on wood). But, I was able to do something I love, be outside, and the most important thing - be a part of something.
It helped me find my place here in New Jersey. It made me feel like I had purpose and reason for living here. I loved being here for Paul and supporting him in his PhD program, but I needed something for me, and this was the perfect fit. I have such a passion for the sport (the very reason lacrosse changed my life in the first place, it was the deciding factor of where I went to college, and guess what- that's where I met the man of my dreams!) I love having the opportunity to pass on that passion to these girls who have so much potential.
Hooray for the small things that really make our lives sweet.
photo credit: A. Laki and MK. Thanks homies, I know you hate the finger gun. haha
3 comments:
that picture is fantastic! (i just debated saying frandtastic haha) well done a. laki and mk - whoever you are.
and so glad you feel happy there! that is such a nice feeling after hating life for sure.
This is cute. Love the picture!
amen to that sister! lax in nj changed my life too! haha. SO glad you're doing better and warm weather is on it's way (or maybe already there? I'm on the other side of the world so not sure) if not already there!
Post a Comment