
As I pulled into our parking lot just barely, I saw the most outrageous sight! A real life opossum.
I recently (as in the last 10 minutes since the spotting) learned some very interesting opossum facts that I thought I would share.
1. I always that they were possums, but apparently there is an o in front.
2. I wasn't sure it was an opossum that I spotted, but google image confirmed that what I saw was indeed an oppossum.
3. Google image also made me glad that I did not go chasing after Mr. Opossum for a photographic opportunity, because apparently they can be angry creatures.
4. I don't have to travel to Australia to see this Marsupial, because apparently they are in New Jersey, which I was completely unaware of, and therefore quite surprised to see, as it scurried away from my headlights.
5. Opossums are slow and scurry is giving it more credit then is this creature deserves. Waddle is definitely the word we are looking for here. A fast waddle though.
It was a very exciting moment, believe me.
3 comments:
hey i thought it was possum too! i thought you took that picture at first haha. they don't even look real! or at least that one, it kind of looks stuffed.
me tooo! i think this is really funny. and congratulations to celeste! hooray for happy siblings.
Omg, I think I would have screamed so loud if I saw that possum. Scary, haha!
Post a Comment